Updated: Jan 20, 2020
2 ripe bananas
1 cup plain flour
1 cup water
2 tsp baking power
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
*Optional – cinnamon, lemon rind
1. Mash the bananas into a bowl until the texture is glossy and smooth.
2. Whisk in the remaining ingredients until a thick batter forms.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush down with vegan butter (nutterlex).
4. Using 1/2 cup mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface.
5. Flip the pancakes and cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
6. Repeat with remaining mixture, brushing pan with butter between batches.