50g vegan butter (I used nutterlex)
½ cup rapadura sugar
3 tsp. no egg mixture (alternatively 2 whole eggs)
500g beetroot puree
1 ½ cup spelt flour (sifted)
2 tsp. baking powder (sifted)
4 tbsp. cacao powder (sifted)
½ cup chopped chocolate chunks
pinch of salt
1 tsp. cacao
2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
1 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. cacao
1 tsp. rapadura sugar
1 tbsp. shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C and grease or line an 8 X 12-inch baking tray.
2. Into a large mixing bowl, beat the vegan butter and sugar until creamy.
3. To the creamed butter and sugar add the egg mixture and beat again until well combined.
4. Add all reaming ingredients into the bowl and gently mix together using a folding technique. (AND don’t forget to sift the flour, baking powder and cacao)
5. Once a smooth chocolaty batter has formed transfer your mixture into the pre-greased baking tray.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Once the brownies have completely cooled, whisk together the Chocolate Drizzle ingredients and drizzle over the brownies.
8. For a final touch, dust the Chocolate Dust over the brownies and enjoy!
Note: To make the beetroot puree I boiled 4 large peeled beetroots until tender. Allowed the beets to cool before straining and blitzing in a food processor.