250g almond milk
1tbsp. dried yeast –instant
500g spelt flour
50g rapadura sugar
70g coconut oil or vegan butter
1tpsp no egg mixture (alternatively 1 whole egg, whisk 1 tbsp. of water with the no egg mixture until an egg like consistency)
1-2 tsp cinnamon
150-200g dried cranberries (traditionally sultanas are used, choc chips are also great)
*Optional – Zest of ½ a lemon
70g spelt flour
1 tsp coconut oil
pinch of salt
2tbsp rapadura sugar
1. Combine almond milk and yeast into a small saucepan over a medium heat. Heat for 1 minute until warm.
2. Into a large mixing bowl now add the flour, sugar, coconut oil, salt, no egg mixture, and spices. Gently mix together
3. Add the warm almond milk and yeast to the flour mixture. Gently fold together until sticky dough forms.
4. Finally, add in the cranberries (or mixing of your choice) and lemon zest if using. Gently fold in the fruit until evenly distributed.
5. Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface. Using your hands, knead the dough for 10-15 minutes until dough is smooth and soft.
6. Transfer the dough into a clean bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave the dough to prove or until doubled in size for 30-45 minutes. (Preferably in a warm, dry location)
7. Once the dough has doubled in size knock it down and divide it into 12 equal portions.
8. Gently roll the individual buns in your hand and place them close together on a baking tray.
9. Cover the buns with a tea towel and leave to prove for another 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 190°C.
10. While the buns are proving, whisk piping ingredients together in a small bowl.
11. Add piping mixture into a piping bag or a small snap-lock bag with the corner snipped off.
12. Using a steady hand pipe white crosses over each individual bun.
13. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until buns are golden brown and cooked through.
14. While the buns are baking, add syrup ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and whisk for 2-3 minutes until sugar has dissolved.
15. Remove buns from the oven and brush with the sugar syrup while still warm.
Best served warm!
After a health crisis uprooted my life at the age of 21, I
discovered my soul guided mission was to teach and
coach people the importance of self-empowerment and
mastering all 3 areas of the Wellness Trinity, Health –
Mindset – Purpose. Everything I create through my
books, courses videos, and blog posts are tools to help
you empower yourself in these 3 areas. x